Reflections

Prey of constant headaches
Countless thoughts overload this brain
Through those cells, a pain no pill can attenuate
Tearing at every tissue and membrane

A free soul, happy as a lark
Yet something I feel I do lack
That thing clouded, shrouded in black
Seeking it, this seemingly never-ending road I walk

Threatened by this epiphany
My state of mind darkens,
Questioning my damned existence
Irking the shadows fleeting through this silence

A measly little clue is what I need
A hint as to what lies beneath a shroud so opaque
My starving soul has started to crack
It will wither, fade, lest it's got that feed

My fears and doubts flow downstream
But I follow this path with the same dream
The journey continues with this vision
The very old outlook that goes beyond the horizon

Leave a Reply